Monday, January 23, 2012

My 32nd Birthday

I want to thank my boys for a PERFECT day!  We totally expected to either have a baby or be in the hospital on my birthday, but Baby Girl must have wanted me to have a birthday of serenity and complete spoiling before she came! 

The boys jumped in my bed and sang "Happy Birthday" and I started crying. I am not sure if was because I am pregnant or because it is the first time they have been old enough to do that on their own initiative, or maybe a combination of both.  I was left to slumber longer and Dan got the boys dressed and dropped off Brendan at school.  When they returned I was brought my presents in bed, including a homemade card with 7 reasons why they loved Mommy (more tears) and then a fabulous card from Dan (more tears).  (Okay... so maybe I am a bit emotional...)  I was released from all "taxi-duty" that morning, and after a couple of hours of just reading and relaxing in bed I was sent to get my nails done.  While I was gone, the boys made me a birthday cake and then offered to take me anywhere I wanted to go for dinner.  I chose Cracker Barrel.  Yes, spoken like a true pregnant woman, I wanted chicken and dumplings, turnip greens, fried apples, and biscuits. And I ate every bite.  We came home to cake and ice cream (see below), and I fell asleep a full, happy mama.

No comments: