While waiting for the baby to debut, we went over to the Wolfert's for a play date. I hope Baby Girl can hold her own with a lightsaber! This is a tough group!
Hadley will be his sister's Knight in Shining Armor
My favorite part of the baby preparations...
A mini-van!
This was not an easy accomplishment. As soon as I found out I was pregnant with baby #3, I began every tactic imaginable to convince Dan that we needed a mini-van. Supposedly he and his siblings made an oath to one another that none of them would ever own a mini-van. Dan claims they were traumatized by having to ride in one as teenagers. I told him mini-vans are quite different now (they are amazing!!!) and listed all the cool features, but I was without any luck. I explained the economic savings, which would usually appeal to a tax accountant, but to no avail. I went step-by-step through how incredibly practical they are... but he did not budge. Then, just three days before she was born, he caved. He swears he will never drive it though.
We told Brendan and Hadley that it was our Batmobile, they put on their Batman shirts, and Dan gave them each a Batman sticker to serve as their ticket to enter. They loved it! Their favorite part? The magic doors, of course!
Brendan and Hadley - ecstatic!
Dan - bowing his head in shame
At least three of us are happy...
Actually, deep, deep down, I think he likes it.
January 29th Dan was scheduled to be the guest auditor for the Mrs. Georgia-America Pageant. We thought for sure the baby would have come by then, so he was eager to volunteer. As the date approached and Baby Girl still was not here, we were becoming quite nervous that she would decide to debut over the weekend and put a kink in the plan. However, perhaps as a sign of her sweet, considerate personality, she waited until Daddy got home from the pageant. He arrived around 11 PM and I had my first contraction at 12:04 AM!
1 comment:
That is so funny about the mini-van. I'm with Dan as far as vowing I'd never own one, but realizing that if we're blessed with more children in the timeframe I'd like, I'm thinking we'll NEED one just to accommodate carseats/boosters. At least they're way cooler than they used to be, but none cooler than your bat mobile! What a cute idea. :)
Post a Comment