I look like a ghost in these pictures! I was awake for 42 hours straight before I had the chance to take a nap, and it took a lot out of me! I am just now feeling like I am getting my strength back, 6 days after her birth. She was worth it though. :-)
First impression
Instant love
Precious
They were both so soft and delicate with her. I was shocked! But of course, very pleased.
Big brothers are fantastic. I have two older brothers, just like Madison, and I love how much they protect and watch out for me, even now!
Love this
Brendan has been a phenomenal big brother! He constantly wants to know where Madison is and how she is doing. He kisses her goodbye anytime he leaves the room and insists on going to see her in her cradle if she is not awake when he leaves for school. Multiple times a day he will say, "Mom, I love my baby sister!" He is even taking his role as "leader" very seriously. Today I was feeding Madison and Hadley was banging on the door wanting me to come let him in. I heard Brendan come to the door and say (in a very grown-up tone), "Hadley, Mommy needs to feed baby Madison. Come with me and play with the train table." Thanks, B!
Aside from the fact that he is squeezing her check here (out of love, surely), it is a sweet, sweet picture.
This cracks me up. Madison often sticks out her tongue, so Hadley just stuck his out too! So far, Hadley follows Brendan's lead with Madison. If Brendan kisses or hugs her, Hadley wants too as well. He does not mind me holding Madison, feeding her, etc. until it interferes with what he wants, in which case he tells me to put Madison in her bed. A few days ago I was nursing her and he wanted macaroni and cheese. I said I would get it for him after I fed Madison. He said, "No Mommy! Feed Madison macaroni and cheese too!" Not yet, Had. Not yet.
Sooo cute.
Madison melted MaMaw's heart right from the start
PaPaw was smitten as well
She had rosy cheeks the first day, but that went away by Day 2.
Snoozing just hours after birth (btw -- this looks sooo much like Brendan's 1-day-old picture!)
Dolled up and ready to leave the hospital!
When we went by the nurse's station to have the security device removed from her leg, a nurse said, "I feel sorry for any guy who tries to date her. That girl is going to be spoiled!" Was it the over-the-top carseat or the ridiculously adorable outfit that made her say that?
Yes, there is a baby amid all of that pink... I am one proud, happy Mama!
Mom, Dad, and Madison.
We love you, Madison!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment