
On Christmas Eve, for many years before I was born, our family has been getting together to celebrate. We used to have it at Gran-Gran's house, but several years ago we outgrew her home and we recently began having it at Aunt Debbie's house. I absolutely cherish this celebration. The food is, again, just dreamy good. I rarely get the good,
home-cooked, southern favorites and no one makes as well as my aunts, mom, and grandmother. But way beyond that, of course, is the fact that this is sometimes the only time all year I get to see my extended family. Each year I get more and more sentimental about being so far away from them. I am truly blessed to have such remarkable aunts, uncles, and cousins, and am amazed to look at my little grandmother and know that she raised this big family. My grandfather passed away before I was born, so she has been single-
handily leading our family for 30 years with her incredible love, tender care and compassion, and wonderful Christ-like example.

The little kids all draw names and buy presents. Brendan received a fabulous Thomas the Train bath toy from Kennedy that Uncle Rick and Aunt Lenore graciously put together.
Chillin' in Uncle Rick's shades

Aunt Debbie and Uncle Rocky's backyard was a haven of fun for Brendan. He was
fascinated that Uncle Rocky had a "cave" in his backyard!

We were so thrilled to have
Addam celebrate with us. We don't get to see him very often and we love and miss him very much. Hadley thought he was super fun!

So we got a picture of Hadley with Debbie at Vicki's party, and a picture of Vicki with Hadley at Debbie's party... whatever works, right? He was too
fascinated with her necklace to look at the camera.

Do you like the boys' shirts in this picture? Ugh. I guess I can't be too picky about family photos with a 2-year-old and 6-month-old.

Here is our family shot: my parents, Gran-Gran, oldest brother Rick, his wife Lenore and children
Addam and Helena, and my family. Travis and his family had already returned to Chicago. They were in town for my parents' Christmas party though (yes, another party!), and I will post those pictures next.
No comments:
Post a Comment