I am about to play the bloggin catch up game. Realizing that I have not posted in two months and that I took more pictures in October than I have ever taken in one month, it is going to be quite a process. Stay tuned and stay patient. :-)
Although my pictures will come in chronological order, this post could not wait. Brendan and Hadley are saying/doing something uniquely wonderful every single day, and every single day I say, "I should write that down" but I don't. Well, today I am! I cannot bear the idea of not remembering these moments!
Lest I forget #`1
Yesterday we went shopping at the outlet malls and pushed the kids as long as they could possibly make it. Approaching bedtime and way past dinner time, we finally set out for the parking lot to find our car... and couldn't. I walked around isle after isle of cars and mine seemed to have vanished. Somewhat under my breath but aloud I said, "Dear Heavenly Father, please help me find our car." Brendan, who was holding my hand, immediately stopped in his tracks. He said, "Mommy, we should stop and pray," and he let go of my hand to fold his arms reverently. Taking his brother's lead, Hadley folded his arms. I followed the lead of my 1 and 3 year old sons and said a prayer in the parking lot of the Georgia Outlet Mall. We opened our eyes and immediately saw our car. We ran to it, hysterically happy, and then all folded our arms once again for a thank-you prayer. It was a great little moment.
Lest I forget #`2
Brendan made a "thank-you" turkey this weekend, where you write (or ask someone to write) something you are thankful for on each of the four feathers. Here were his five things:
1. Santa
2. Mama, Daddy and Hadley
3. Hadley feeling better (he has been sick)
4. Turkeys
Lest I forget #`3
Today I asked Brendan these questions. I loved his answers - so interesting!
Me: What makes you happy?
Brendan: Star Wars movies
Me: What makes you sad?
Brendan: The chicken pox (which neither he nor anyone he knows has ever had, so he must have gotten this from some show he watches...)
Me: What makes you mad?
Brendan: Something broken
Me: What makes you scared?
Brendan: Giants (This stems from a puppet show he saw nearly a year ago of Jack and the Beanstalk)
Lest I forget #`4
Hadley speaks a new word every day lately. It is so fun! Here are a few that immediatley come to mind: cracker, yogurt, milk, water, more, again, thank you, love you, hi, bye, brother, Brendan, Mama, Dada, yea (yes), car, ball. He continues to have a constant smile on his face and is usually found giggling and exploring the world around him. I wish I could freeze time right now. I love this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment