Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mt. Sterling - Home, Sweet Home!

For Mommy's 10-year class reunion, we got to go home to Mt. Sterling, Kentucky! This was a huge deal for Mommy. Since MaMaw and PaPaw moved away when she graduated from high school, she very rarely gets to go back to where she grew up. She LOVED every second of her weekend. She ate country food until she could not fit another spoonful, saw most of her graduating class (none of whom she had seen in ten years), and went to the church she attended as a child (at the end of which our family had to form a receiving line to talk with everyone!). It was a weekend she will never forget. Daddy and I had a good time, too! Dad enjoyed having cable (a luxury we have been without for the past month), and I had a blast playing with all my family members!




Not only is Gran-Gran the world's greatest cook, she also knows all the best ways to spoil her grandchildren. I love to be outside, so she sat in the garage and let me play with her toy truck!

Will I ever be as big and strong as my cousins Trevor and Alex???

Thanks for the hug cousin Cole! Aunt Debbie. I'm ready to let go now!


What, Mom? Lindsey and I are just helping deflate the air mattress.



For PaPaw's birthday we went out to one of the country's finest eating establishments - Cracker Barrel! I loved my chicken and dumplings, collared greens, mac-n-cheese, and carrots. PaPaw's sisters joined us and it was sooooo good to see them! They always keep everybody laughing. You can see Aunt Bessie Jean and Aunt Brenda next to Daddy, but Aunt Maxine, Aunt Gayle, and Gran-Gran are hiding from the camera (bad angle choice by the waitress...ugh!). Mom was trying to get me to look at the camera, but looking at her pointing her finger was more fun.




After church on Sunday, Mom insisted on a photo shoot of the family! I was a pretty good boy for it all!




I thought it was really funny how Mommy would just look straight ahead and smile without moving. I had more fun laughing at her than looking at the camera.



Here is my amazing Gran-Gran! She is definitely one of sweetest people on this earth.



Three generations of mommies!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lalona-This is SO adorable. I bet you are such a great mommy! I am excited for you :)