Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy (belated) birthday, MaMaw!

Our incredibly cool plan was to have all of these pictures posted late in the evening on March 9th to ensure that MaMaw would wake up and see them on her birthday, March 10th.  However, my computer crashed and I could not upload any of the pictures. Ugh. So, here we are, over a month later, finally getting them posted. 

As soon as we turned our calendar to March, Brendan yelled, "March is MaMaw's birthday! It's March 10th!"  He would ask nearly each day if it was MaMaw's birthday yet.  When I told him that MaMaw's birthday was getting close, he insisted that we bake her a cake. I explained that she would not be able to come here and eat it, but that did not deter him one bit.  I decided to set out all of the measured ingredients and let the kids do the rest.  Although ridiculously messy, it was an absolute blast for all parties -- and the cake was delicious!  When I realized my computer would not allow me to upload the pictures, we called her on Skype, cut her a piece of cake, blew out the candles for her, and sang "Happy Birthday".  Then we continued to eat cake for several days...

Have you had this much fun baking?










1 comment:

mcamp said...

love it, happy birthday to your mom!