Friday, April 22, 2011

Atlanta, Georgia LDS Temple Open House

April 9th-23rd the Atlanta, Georgia LDS Temple was open for public tours following its renovation and before its rededication for religious use. This was a wonderful opportunity for community members, family, and friends to tour this beautiful, sacred place. To me, it is the most special, sacred place on earth. It was incredibly special to take my parents and children through. I hope each person that went on a tour felt the joy and serenity of the temple!

Brendan, Hadley, MaMaw, and PaPaw all toured the temple together for the first time. This was a very tender moment for me!

After the tour we took advantage of the beautiful weather and shot some pictures!

Yay!  I can run now!

Yes, I am mischievious, and I know it.

The temple grounds are beautiful, and I suppose the flowers smell nice, too!

Hadley's "old man strut"

A picture I cherish!

Can you tell they were getting tired?



Hadley was wondering why he was still awake.


Hadley: MaMaw, can you find my bed?

Okay. I will smile, sortof.

He has the personality of a 16 year old.

Nevermind going home. We can just sleep here.

Hehehehe. I love it when I get my brother to do something silly like that.

Ah!  This is better!

Now we are on our second wind!

Come on, I'll help you up. Let's play!

2 comments:

Allison Hansen said...

What an awesome day for your entire family! So glad you could share...

The Kipper Family said...

LaLona,
I am sure that was an awesome experience to take your parents through the temple. We really enjoyed your tour and it was so good to see you! The plans are in the works for a get together the end of May. I will send details soon.