Sunday, December 19, 2010

Richards' Visit Part I - Burt's Pumpkin Patch

Grandpa John and Grandma DARling, Dan's parents, come visit every year around Halloween. We continued our busy weekend tradition, with the first stop being Burt's Pumpkin Patch.

Someone asked me recently why we travel every year an hour away with two little people just to see pumpkins... My answer is found in the eyes of these little boys -- their fascination with the pumpkins from tiny to enormous, their love of the hayride, their surprise and enthusiasm for the talking pumpkins, ghosts, and scarecrows, and the magic of imagination and memories I still get to reap when Brendan falls asleep at night saying, "Momma, remember when we went to that pumpkin patch? Remember that hayride? Remember that pumpkin that talked? Remember that, Momma? Can we do that again sometime?" Yes, of course we can.

Brotherly love?

Ick. What's this?

Hmm.. check out these ridges....
This is what I love about this place. I love that my boys can investigate all kinds of things they would never see at home. I can show them a pumpkin from Wal-Mart, but here they get to explore and examine colors, textures, roots, stems, and more, and all at their own pace and initiative.

This was our best shot at a family picture.

 
Again, the best of many attempts. Is it possible to get two toddlers to stay still and smile at the same time?


Hold on, Had! We are going on a ride!

It's so fun to be brothers!

My boys!

Cute. Just plain cute.

Happy, adorable, Hadley

Pooped. At our limit. This has been fun, but Mom, are you really going to make us take another picture?

No comments: