Sunday, December 26, 2010

November

We spent Thanksgiving in Kentucky and had a wonderful time!  It is nearly unbelievable how much the cousins change in just one year's time!  Helena looks like a teenager now!

We missed having Travis and Crissy's with us, but were thankful that the boys and I had seen Travis and his boys just a few weeks before.

Here are a few family pictures we took:


Grandchildren with MaMaw and PaPaw
Leave it to my kids to be the ones not paying attention.

Immediate family

Siblings and spouses

My little family

Grandchildren

Cuteness


Lucky Boys, Fantastic Family
When my boys go home to visit, they are the center of attention 24-7.  Uncle Rick and Aunt Lenore did their share of spoiling and playing all day on Thanksgiving. Here are some shots of them in action.





Photo shoot attempted. Failed. Still cute and funny.







Snow Day in Kentucky - Wahooo!!!!




Photo Shoot #2 - No luck, again.
On our way to Gran-Gran's house, we stopped at Fazoli's for lunch (my favorite!).  Since the boys looked so handsome, I thought I would try one last time to get a picture of both them together to put on our Christmas card. It did not work.  If you saw our Christmas card, the boys are in separate pictures.
Nice solo shot.

Brendan: Hmm, let me check out this bark.
Hadley: I wonder if I could catch those cars driving by

Hadley: Oh, yeah, this bark is cool.
Brendan: Okay, I will smile!

Oh well, let's both just play with the bark.
I guess I should not choose a tree for the backdrop next time.

Gran-Gran's house
My boys are blessed to have and know the best great-grandmother imaginable. She is a beautiful example to all of us of perseverance, unconditional love, Christian charity, and family devotion.

 Brothers

Our little smiler

Mom and Gran-Gran

Hadley's favorite toy at Gran-Gran's house
My grandmother has very poor eye sight. Brendan is reading a book with Daddy while holding and attempting to use Gran-Gran's magnifying glass.

Night out with Cousin Lindsay

We snuck out of the house and enjoyed a fantastic dinner with newlyweds Lindsay and John. Lindsay and I are cousins, grew up like sisters, were separated by geography and life circumstances for a few years, and are beyond thrilled to regularly see each other now that my parents live in Lexington. When we were young we would stay up until the wee hours of the morning plotting how we could 'save the world'.  We need to have a few more nights like that soon...
Lindsay and me

No comments: