These are my dear friends and co-workers from the Rollins Center for Language & Learning. It was taken at our annual holiday party, just a few days after the announcement that I was going to begin working entirely from home and, therefore, would no longer be regularly visiting schools or the office. For quite some time I have felt that I needed to be home entirely with my boys right now, but we just could not figure out how to make it work financially, and I just really, really, really love my job. However, the Lord has a way of taking care of us when we follow his promptings. My incredible boss (really, she is amazing), lined up a few projects that I could do from home so that I can still earn money for working about ten hours a week. I am excited that my days will be filled with art projects, dancing to nursery rhymes, creating a marching band out of kitchen utensils, pretending to be a fireman, train conductor, garbage collector, tiger, elephant, and more. It's a great job.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Work less, play more
These are my dear friends and co-workers from the Rollins Center for Language & Learning. It was taken at our annual holiday party, just a few days after the announcement that I was going to begin working entirely from home and, therefore, would no longer be regularly visiting schools or the office. For quite some time I have felt that I needed to be home entirely with my boys right now, but we just could not figure out how to make it work financially, and I just really, really, really love my job. However, the Lord has a way of taking care of us when we follow his promptings. My incredible boss (really, she is amazing), lined up a few projects that I could do from home so that I can still earn money for working about ten hours a week. I am excited that my days will be filled with art projects, dancing to nursery rhymes, creating a marching band out of kitchen utensils, pretending to be a fireman, train conductor, garbage collector, tiger, elephant, and more. It's a great job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! That is wonderful you'll still be able to work some from home while still being with your boys full time.
This is GREAT news! I know this will make your entire family happy! Yay!
That is wonderful...you can have the best of both worlds! :)
This post made me smile. Good for you.
Post a Comment