Wednesday, February 10, 2010

30th Birthday Celebrations

My 30th birthday was incredible! I had everything from a romantic night out with my husband (two of those, actually), to food and cake with the kids, to an unforgettably unique celebration with my girlfriends. Here's a quick recap...



On Friday night, Dan took me out for sushi and Salsa dancing. Sushi is my absolute favorite food and dancing is something I desperately want to learn to do... but can't seem to find the time or talent to figure it out. We found a place offering a free Salsa lessons and had a blast. This shot was taken just before we left the place. You've gotta love the "we took it ourselves" picture.


About a week earlier, Dan told me he had a work cocktail party we needed to attend for about an hour or so on Saturday night. I arranged for us to drop the kids off at a friends' house and we were off on our way. It was pouring the rain, and he told me he did not remember the name of the place we were going. He all of the sudden points to a restaurant and says "I think that's it," and then proceeds to drive two more blocks before parking. Irritated that he would make me walk in the pouring rain (despite the umbrella, I was still ticked), I was fiercely complaining when all of the sudden he opened the door of the first building we came to, and I realized that he had lied about the whole thing. We were at The Melting Pot, another of my favorites, for a surprise dessert birthday celebration. Whoops. I was no longer upset. This picture was taken back at our friends' house when we went to pick up the boys.



Then, on Monday night, my actual birthday, we went out to a super yummy and super cheap (can't beat those places) Mexican restaurant for yet another favorite of mine - cheese enchiladas. For me, few things taste better than a big blob of melted cheese. Brendan is holding the birthday balloon that our sweet waitress brought us. Everyone had a blast -- even Hadley.



We followed that up with cake and ice cream at home. Brendan had helped me make the cake earlier that day, so it was extra special.


Next came the unbelievable girls' night. According to Carol, she and Deanne thought up this masterpiece of a plan long before my birthday. Carol told me to reserve the date pretty early, but did not tell me the details until just a few days before. I could not believe the plan but was so excited -- she threw me a "Atlanta's Next Top Model" party, complete with a SEVEN HOUR photo shoot with some of my closest friends, courtesy of Deanne's incredible talent behind the camera. It was soooo fun to do, and even more fun to see the unique and beautiful personalities of each of my friends shine through. I was dying to post the collage I made of all of them, but I was not sure if they would all appreciate that. Therefore, you're stuck just getting to see a few of mine. We have one group shot that needs some editing, so as soon as that one is finished I will add it.
I will NEVER forget that night. THANKS, GIRLS! I love ya'll.

30th Birthday Photo Shoot Party







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacy Christian said...

I am so jealous right now. I wish I could've been at the America's Next Top Model celebration. That sounds SO fun!! I was wondering where all those awesome pictures on facebook came from (Milena and Jennie). Glad you had fun.