Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Paul McCartney Concert



One night Dan said to me, "Do you think you could leave Hadley with a babysitter long enough to go to the Paul McCartney concert with me?" "Sure!" I responded, thinking that meant about a 4-hour committment. After purchasing the tickets, he told me he wanted to leave around 1 PM and return around 1 AM. WHAT??? I could not do that, nor could we afford that kind of babysitting, so he called his brother Paul, who lives in Utah. He told him that if he could get a flight out here, he'd treat him to the concert. It turned out to be a fantastic weekend for all of us, as you can see from the other recent posts. Although I missed out on the concert, I had a phenomenal uncle on hand to play with Brendan and go with us to the aquarium, and I was so happy that he and Dan could share the "life-changing" (Dan's words) experience of the concert.

It was open seating, so people got there super early. Dan and Paul were the crazy ones without food, blankets, or anything, so they just stood around and took some fun pictures while they waited.



They got there early enough to get a pretty good spot, but when it started to rain (see below), some people left and they were able to move really close. YAY!




Drenched, but happy.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Tell Dan I'm SO JEALOUS!! I am a huge Beatles fan, and being such, I was so excited about this Paul McCartney concert. But seeing as I was 36 weeks pregnant and on bed rest, I couldn't make it. What a bummer. Looks like such fun!