I a much better sleeper now! For the past three nights I have slept a consistent 7 hour stretch -- yippee! During the day, I fall asleep every 1.5-2 hours. If you do not put me to sleep when you should, I will often conk out where ever I am (hence the picture above). I take shorter, more frequent naps than my brother did, and that has taken Mom awhile to catch onto. However, now that she knows my preferred schedule and follows it, I am a SUPER EASY baby. I only make a whimper if I need to go to sleep or eat. Other than that, I smile and coo all the time! Yesterday I gave a full-out laugh for the first time and repeated it throughout the day!When it is time to go to sleep for a nap, all it takes is my pacifier and about 2 minutes in the rocking chair and I am drowsy and ready to be put down. This quick routine is a blessing for my mom. My brother Brendan knows that he is not allowed in the room when Mom is putting me to sleep, but if it takes very long, he will come to the outside of the door (not open it, because he knows that leads to time-out), and say, "All done, Mommy? Hadley sleeping, Mommy? No? Okay...". Even though Mommy never responds, he will do this several times if I am not quick to fall asleep. Therefore, Mom is motivated to pay very close attention to my sleepiness signs so that she takes me to my room at just the right time.
I have to be one of the happiest babies ever! I literally smile nearly the entire time I am awake. I LOVE for people to talk to me. If you say anything to me in a sweet voice, I will immediately smile and coo for you.
I am also very strong! I can push up and straighten my elbows, and just this week I started consistently rolling over from my tummy to my back, to both the left and right sides, every time someone puts me down on a blanket.

No comments:
Post a Comment