Monday, May 18, 2009

A Unique Morning

Scenario 1:
Brendan goes up the dishwasher and starts to turn the knob (which he knows he is not allowed to do), but first turns to see if I am going to say anything. I say, "Brendan, if you choose to turn that, you will go to time out." He takes his hand off the knob, walks over to the time out chair, crawls into it, and says to himself, "No! No! No!" He proceeds to put himself in timeout for about twice as long as I have ever put him there. Hilarious... and he didn't even turn the knob.

Scenario 2:
It is around 12:30 and Brendan usually naps at 1. He's playing in the living room, and I am happily resting on the couch while watching the news (a very rare event). All of the sudden, he puts away all of his toys, walks over to the couch, and says, "Night, night", which is what we say to him when we put him to sleep. My kid NEVER asks to go sleep. As soon as I recovered from my jaw dropping to the floor, I took him upstairs and easily put him down for a nap. Nice.

Can 20 month old toddlers have an ulterior motive?

2 comments:

mcamp said...

awesome, let's see if that ever works for me ;p

Anonymous said...

LaLona,

Can you change my e-mail address to bobbie.simpson@meade.kyschools.us

Bobbie