Sunday, October 21, 2007

Magical Week Six!

Several people told me that week six would be a significant improvement and those people are brilliant! As soon as we entered this week, Brendan instantly started sleeping! He still went back to his old habits a few times, but one night he slept nine hours straight! Other nights his longest periods were five and eight hours -- still an improvement from four. He also suddenly decided that daytime naps were not such a bad idea after all. He has been taking at least two, and sometimes three, naps a day! WOW! This side of motherhood is SOOOO much easier. I am actually getting enough sleep that I can carry on an adult conversation when someone calls me... There have been many days that I was incapable of that; I could only think in terms of nursery rhymes, lullabies, and sweet baby talk.

Another excellent change is that I actually get to take a shower during the day. Brendan will patiently sit in his bouncy seat while I take a shower, and then move him to the counter and put him in his Bumbo seat while I finish getting ready. He watches intently as if everything I do is incredibly interesting. It is adorable! If he gets fussy all I have to do is sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and all is well.

Additionally, Brendan is becoming much more independent. He will play on his mat (as shown above) for half an hour at a time! He stares at the animals, kicks his feet and waves his arms, and coos and smiles like it is the best time of his life. He is also in love with his swing (and, thus, so am I!). One day he sat in it AWAKE for an entire hour! He stares at the rotating safari birds and his own reflection in the mirror with wide eyes as if it is the most interesting thing he has ever seen. The funny thing is that this is his expression EVERY time I put him in the swing, as if he has never been there before. He often falls asleep there, so sometimes I time it just right for nap time and he is asleep within two minutes. I LOVE WEEK SIX.



Just relaxing in the glider after a tiring play session...


Hey, Dad, what are you doing here before my bedtime? I thought you slept at Deloitte.



We are on our way to Taylor and Karla's wedding luncheon. I am so excited! I love parties!




The ride home from the wedding luncheon...
During the luncheon Brendan slept the entire time the band was playing loud music, but woke up the second it got quiet. We all found that hilarious. Then, after meeting about twenty new friends, he was exhausted and quickly fell asleep on the car ride home. Oh yes -- that is another thing that has become more prevalent this week. The car = sleep. It does not matter if he just woke up from a nap at home or if he has been awake for hours. If you put him in the car seat for a car ride OR for a walk in the stroller, he is asleep almost instantly.



I can't believe Florida scored AGAIN!!
This is Brendan during Saturday's Florida-Kentucky game. He was traumatized by the loss. Hopefully the next time he wears the sweatshirt the team will do better, and we will be able to get a more pleasant picture.



I can't wait for Halloween!
I am wearing my Halloween pajamas this week as I mentally prepare for my first Trick or Treat night. Mommy and Daddy are still searching for my costume. I hope they find something good! Mommy will have to hide all of my candy so Daddy does not eat it all.




Boo!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!








2 comments:

The Kewpie Klan said...

You are precious Mr. Brendan! Way to go sleeping for your mam! She deserves it!

mcamp said...

I was soooo happy I got to hold you this sunday...i hope i will have many more to come :)