Sunday, December 11, 2011

Special Moments


We walked outside one day in June and found this. Wow. There is something extra magical about a rainbow.


Church Calling
In July, life changed a bit for all of us. Mommy was called as the Relief Society President of our ward, which is a voluntary church leadership position responsible for the well-being of all adult women over the age of 18. It has been a beautiful, wonderful blessing to our family, and Mommy has learned a lot and grown a great deal in the past six months. The boys have tagged along for house and hospital visits, helped bake meals, sat through seemingly endless phone calls and email-writing sessions, and drawn on many a chalkboards while Mommy had church meetings or office work to do at church. Daddy has read more bedtime stories and come home from work earlier more often to help with the new schedule, all of which has been a blessing to everyone involved. We will always look back at this time with grateful hearts.

Sunday
On the Sunday when I was to be sustained in church in my calling, Dan woke up sick.  Therefore, I headed to church all alone with my 2 and 4 year old boys. When they called my name, I stood holding Hadley in my arms, holding hands with Brendan, and with both boys screaming, "I want Mommy!" (something they do often when fighting over who gets to sit in my lap, hold my hand, etc.). It might not have been the nice, reverent moment one envisions, but it was certainly memorable.

The pictures below were taken that morning before we left for church. When I was called as RS President, I had 4 jobs, 2 toddlers, and was 3 months pregnant.  Since then, I have quit 2 jobs and gone incredibly part-time with the other two.  Despite the busy schedule of my calling, I sit more, pray more, read more, and play more. I like it more. :-)





Just for Fun
Everybody should dress up in foil.  Meet the fierce knights in shining armor: Brendan and Hadley. Does the pacifier intimidate you?

2 comments:

Jaime G. Fryer said...

Congrats on your calling as RS President! You will be a GREAT President to the ladies of your ward! I was the RS Secretary for three years in my ward and I know first hand how hard, but rewarding your calling will be to you and your family! I am so proud of you!

Stacy Christian said...

I can't believe you are RS Pres! Although you will be amazing at it, I know that has to be so overwhelming for you. I miss you so much!