This was the first time I had ever made a gingerbread house... I had no idea how much work it would be! The boys enjoyed decorating it, but it was honestly quite a struggle to convince them not eat all of the candy along the way.
The next morning, they convinced me to let them break it apart and eat it.
Each Monday we have a Family Home Evening lesson where we pray, sing a song, share a story from the scriptures, and try our hardest to make it engaging for our 1 and 3 year old boys. This was one of the cutest, so had to snap some pictures. Our lesson was on the importance of being equipped with the "armor of God". I used cereal box covers as our shields, lightsabers as our swords, and fireman hats as our helmets and explained what each one represented. It was a huge hit... I just hope they remember the point....
Cute, eh?
This was our first snow! Brendan was so anxious to go outside he skipped the whole idea of clothes or even a coat, put on boots and a hat and ran out in his pajamas. THIS makes winter wonderful.
Each year a few friends and I get together and have a "favorite things" party. We each bring a favorite thing in the 5-10 dollar range to share with everyone. I am already looking forward to next year's party! I always adore each and every gift the ladies bring!
It was cold; we were bored; we turned our living room into a camp site. Huge hit.
Brendan blowing his "roasted" marshmallow.
Hadley, not really sure of what all we were pretending, was happy to eat the marshmallows and play along.
No comments:
Post a Comment