Brendan has quite the imagination. In a typical day, he will manifest himself as a super hero, fireman, cowboy, ghost, doctor, and an assortment of various animals. Here are a few samples caught on camera.
No, this is not Little Red Riding Hood. I can't quite remember what he was supposed to be... perhaps a version of one of his super heros. All I remember is that he got this towel from the laundry, told MaMaw to put it on his head, and all the sudden everyone was laughing and having fun.
Hee-Haw!
Good evenin' ladies
"Fireman Brendan" and "Fireman Daddy"
"Look, Mom! I'm a pilot!"
This was a brilliant idea that a friend of mine suggested. I gave Brendan a bucket of plain water and a paint brush and told him to paint our deck. It entertained him for a long time! He still points out his paint job to people.
My little musician... I often find him sitting at our keyboard piano intently playing. He actually sounds rather good, despite the fact that he is not playing any real song. He is exceptionally interested in it and takes his practice time very seriously. Perhaps he can soon teach his mother a thing or two.
Hadley, always eager to immitate big brother's actions, was begging to be part of the fun. He watched Brendan's every move and tried his hardest to do the same thing.
Here is Hadley's first day in the baby pool! I promise he liked it, even though you'd never guess it from this picture. The pool was only half-way blown up at this point because Brendan was so eager to put in the water.
Summer is sure to be a blast. The boys are finally starting to play together. Yesterday I sat on the deck and watched them playing with Batman and Spiderman, tossing a ball (Hadley dropping and picking it up, actually), and giggling incessantly as they splashed in the water. Their smiles and laughter literally light up my soul. Nothing beats that.
That's more like it!
This is Hadley's favorite funny face. When he wants to make you laugh, he does this, knowing it will get a response. We love his sweet, playful personality!
2 comments:
Wow you are really on a blogging frenzy! I love it. I have been waiting for you to do some updates! Looks like things are going great and ya'll are having a blast!
Brendan is looking so grown up these days! And can't believe that Hadley really isn't a newborn anymore. These kiddos grow up so fast. I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!
Post a Comment