This is the famous Bonaventure Cemetery where the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is based. It was a beautiful place with incredible headstones, statues, and even vaults that held many family members in one structure. I like this picture because it really shows off the Spanish Moss that grows on nearly every tree in Savannah.
The rumor is that if you do not see the moss, you are in a haunted area, so watch out. Savannah is known as the most haunted city in America! We went on a ghost tour while there, but I did not see any ghosts.
Isn't this beautiful??? It is the road into a famous plantation, although the name escapes me right now... We did not tour the place, just took the picture. Then we headed to Tybee Island to experience the beach....





1 comment:
I'm glad to hear you guys had fun in Savannah! Looks like a great trip! I'm so so sorry about your knee. :( I had a doctor once tell me I would never be able to play volleyball again if I didn't want knee problems. I just started to cry. That's no fun!
Post a Comment