Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mommy's Knee Surgery



Mommy had knee surgery on March 13th. I thought the bandages were pretty cool but I was not so sure about the white stocking she had to wear on her left leg. She looks really happy in this picture because Daddy came home from work with two dozen roses (ahhh...), she was doped up on Vicodin, and Mamaw and Papaw stayed with us for five days. I think she might want to get knee surgery again just to repeat that kind of treatment.


If it were not for Mamaw and Papaw, I am not sure if either of us would have survived. Mamaw took care of me, and Papaw took care of Mommy. Daddy had to take care of taxes. Mamaw and Papaw left today, Daddy's tax season ended on Friday, and Mommy is down to using only one crutch. I think we will be able to make it on our own now, but we already miss them terribly!


I just dunked it! Right there!


That was a great book!


I love grabbing Mamaw's hair and chewing on her nose! We didn't get a picture that really showed it, but this was the closest one.


Mamaw taught me how to drink out of a sippy cup!

Papaw might be 61, but he acts 6 months. We had sooo much fun together!


Papaw said I could have it!

Can I eat all of this Easter grass?

Who has more hair?

3 comments:

Stacy Christian said...

Wow, that first picture looks like you are falling apart-between your wrap, your stocking, and your wrist brace. I'm glad you were finally able to schedule the surgery and get it over with. Let me know if you need anything!

mcamp said...

toooo cute!

Megan said...

Hope your knee is feeling better. Sounds like a big surgery. So guess who had to sub for you last Sunday... yup Yours Truly! Well get better soon and stop having surgery and babies around Enrichment. :)

xoxo