Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!



Did you hear the news? Today is my six month birthday! Yesterday I went to the doctor and found out I am in the 90th pecentile for height! YIPEEE! NBA here I come! I was the 40th percentile for weight, so I will be light and super quick on my feet. Mamaw thinks that is too skinny, but the doctor said I was absolutely perfect.

Two days ago I sat up by myself for the first time! Mommy tried to post a video of it, but she could not get it to work. I can stay up for quite a long time before I crash to one side or the other. Mamaw said Mommy had to always keep a pillow behind me because the backwards fall is the worst. Mommy posted this picture (with the pillow) to show that she listens to her mother. :-)

I am pushing up my arms and pulling up my knees and I do lots of scooting, but have not done any real crawling yet. I am incredibly inquisitive. Anything you have, I want, so be careful what is in your hands when you hold me. I am a super happy baby (except on Sundays when I do not nap) and I love to hear people make funny noises. I also love my baths. Mommy lets me sit and read in the tub for a long time. I have found that as long as I am holding a book, Mommy lets me do whatever I want. She's a sucker for reading.

I am also talking NONSTOP now. Daddy says that trait comes from Mommy. With both Mommy and me around, Daddy barely gets a word in. Give me a call sometime and I will talk to you on the phone. Sometimes I will just breath into the receiver, but often I will babble for you, too.

I miss all of my extended family members! Mommy shows me pictures of everyone at least two or three times a week. I hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was a great update. he is adorable!

Jenny said...

Brendan is so cute, I love his smile! He is doing so well. His stats are great. I need to start Thomas on baby food in the next week or so. I'm not looking forward to the mess and the rejection. I can't believe Brendan is already scooting. How fun.