Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas 2008 - Salt Lake City, Utah

Dear Everyone,

My mom does not keep photo albums or scrapbooks, so this blog is all we've got to capture memories. Therefore, you are about to see a full accout of everything we did over the holidays. We hope you enjoy this incredibly long post of pictures!

Love,
Brendan

Here's our family picture taken right before the Richards family's Christmas dinner (a few days before Christmas).


The following pictures are a showcase of my first experience playing in the snow. I was a little afraid at first, but after a minute or two I was loving it. A special thanks goes out to my cousins for letting me borrow this snowsuit!


Mom, save me!



Is this suit supposed to look like this?




Mom loved the snow, too. After growing up in KY and living in VA, AZ, and GA, she has not been around much snow. The 12 inches in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard was quite a treat!



Here is the latest actor in the Richards family -- Conner McMaster. Conner starred in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as two different characters: Santa's elf and a mouse (pictured above). I had to stay home with a babysitter that night, but I heard he did a fantastic job and that everyone thoroughly enjoyed the show!




Who could resist this face?



A big thanks to Johnny and Lisa for inviting everyone over to their house for a game night. Here are my parents starring in Rock Band. With Dad at the guitar, Grandma Darling singing, and Mom attempting the drums, it was quite entertaining.




My dad -- a closet rockstar.



On Christmas Eve I starred as the shepard in our family production of the Christmas story. I know I don't look much like one right here, but it was a last-minute costume.



My bi-annual piano lesson with Gradma Darling




Christmas Eve -- We hung our stockings by the chimney with care.




Christmas Morning - I was not sure what to think of it. I did not understand why my parents came into my room screaming, "Merry Christmas! Santa was here!" while carrying a video camera. That is certainly not how Mom usually does it. However, I LOVED openning presents, even those that were not mine. My parents said I really brought a sweet spirit to Christmas this year.



On Christmas Day all of the cousins came over for brunch. Layton let me borrow this helmet that he got from Santa. I know it is a bit big on me, but don't I look tough? Or does the Christmas sweater soften it up too much?



Here are all the cousins singing for the family.




Dan received this for Christmas. It now hangs in our family room ruining all of Mom's efforts at having a consistent color scheme. Nevertheless, it has led to the Jazz having a winning streak, so she's not complaining.





Family shot on Christmas Day




December 26th Jazz game with Loni and Andrew - Andrew hooked everyone up with fabulous seats. Thanks Andew! (Well, I was at home asleep... but I am still thankful that Mom and Dad got to have so much fun!)




A few days after Christmas Ty Roach came over to play. He gave me this cool Pez dispenser and I love it! I know exactly where Mommy keeps it and I ask for it every day. Thanks, Ty!




Just taking a rest...





Don't worry, Dad! Seeing while you are driving is overrated. This way adds so much more adventure, don't you think?




There. I pulled my hat up and now my less than 3-foot body can see just fine. You just push the gas and I will have us home soon.





How do I look?



Grandma Darling led us all in the Happy Birthday song for her birthday party. We were so excited to be there to celebrate with her! A big thanks to the McMasters for hosting the party!





How do I look in Grandpa's hat? Since we have the same hairdo, he thought I might like to try it out.




Next I had a playdate with Sophie Hansen. I know I should have been looking at the camera in this picture, but she is so cute I could not take my eyes off her!





Mom posing while Dad set the self-timer on the camera...

Awww... How sweet. I was napping during this adventure too...




WHOA! Check out my new snow boots!




On January 30th, Mom and Dad went out to dinner with all of Dad's Beta friends and their wives. This is a yearly tradition and something they looked forward too tremendously! This year 3 of the 7 girls are pregnant. Kelly is due in May, Allison in June, and Mommy in July. How fun!




On New Year's Eve Mom and Dad decided to forsake the expensive dinner out and instead eat burgers, go to the Utah basketball game, and then head over to Brady and Megan's new mansion for some fondue magic! Here is Mom, Wendy Roach, and Megan Thorup enjoying their divine creations.




The day before we had to go home, the Richards girls went out for a lunch date. From left to right: Mindy (Dan's sister), Dianne (Grandma Darling), Mommy, and Loni (Andrew's wife). Mommy said they really missed Aunt Lisa! She was home with a house full of kids.


4 comments:

MaMaw said...

Great pictures! Beautiful family....especially Brendan!

dallin+michelle said...

LOVE to see all the pics! brendan looks like he is definitely enjoying life with his family! congrats on the new little one coming... i had no idea! and i have to laugh, but i saw that you know another michelle and dallin "oaks"? so i clicked on it to see that it is in fact US... we're actually the "Thomas" family, but that's okay... oaks or thomas, you love us right!

Cam and Mary said...

I found your blog off of Ashley's and wanted to say hi! It was great seeing you at the wedding and meeting your cute family. Brendan is adorable! And you're pregnant? I couldn't even tell! Congratulations!

Cecilia said...

So congratulations on your pregnancy! It was fun to see you at Ashley's wedding and to see your cute little boy...and now you are expecting another one! What a beautiful family!