Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally, a trip to Charlottesville!

Wait for me Dad!!
WOW! UVA really is one of the most beautiful places in the world. We felt so fortunate to be there when the leaves were changing, the weather was gorgeous, and the lawn was available for me to run freely. Mom had been wanting to take us there for a long, long time. She was smiling constantly the entire weekend.

The famous Rotunda, modeled after the one in Rome.

Here is the family in front of the Rotunda. I was mad because they made me take the cup out of my mouth to take the picture.


Hey, this place is pretty cool! No wonder Mom loved it here.


Hmmm...I wonder if I will someday read as many books as Thomas Jefferson. This is his house. We took a tour and left inspired to read great deal more.


Here we are at my first UVA football game! These are two of my new best friends: Erin and Joe. They let us stay with them during our visit and they were the world's greatest hosts! Mommy and Erin roomed together in college and claim to have lived parallel lives before they met. They were so glad to see each other again!



Dad and I concentrating closely as the Cavaliers made a final push for victory.


The crowd rushed the field after UVA won in overtime. It was a great game to see!


There is a park across from Erin and Joe's house. How lucky are they? We played a little basketball while there. Here I was learning to dribble.

Hands up, Dad! Here comes a pass!

I got to go over to Ella Woodson's house for dinner and playtime. I was really glad to see she had a dump trunk!

3 comments:

mcamp said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Megs said...

I want to see pics of your new house!! Are you coming to SLC for Christmas?!?!?!?

Wendy said...

Lalona,

I can't wait to see you guys! The 27th is probably our best bet. Or we haven't made plans for New Year's Eve so that could work too. I hope we can arrange it so that Brendan and Ty get a chance to play together too.

See you soon!