Here was my conversation with Brendan this morning before church:
Mom: Brendan, you look so handsome!
Brendan: Thanks, Mom. Mom, you don't look handsome.
Mom: I don't? Well, do I look pretty?
Brendan: No, you just look like a mommy.
Thanks...
Then, later this afternoon he got upset because a toy of his was not working as he wished. He blamed it on me (although I had nothing to do with it), and stated, "Mommy, I am not going to play you with you ever again." Then, a few minutes later (I guess I did not get adequately upset), he said, "Mommy, you are no longer my best friend!" Okay, that one hurt just a tiny bit.
But then...
Tonight I was on the couch resting, and Brendan crawled up beside me and wrapped his arms around me. After lying next to me for several minutes he said, "Mommy, I wish we could just lay like this forever. I love you, Mommy."
I decided the day was not so bad after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment