The backyard pre-party
Welcome to my party!
A sweet look that I would like to call gratitude, even if it really isn't.
Baby faces:
Liam (back): I'm just going to mind my own business and see how many balls I can touch.
Matthew (front): Ick! Will someone get me out of here?
Hadley: Hey! That's my mom with the camera. I know what to do to make her happy!
I'm 1 year old now! Watch out, world!
Shootin' hoops on the playset from MaMaw and PaPaw
We thought it would take him a while to grow into this... it took about an hour. He can now climb the rock wall, slide down the slide, shoot basketball very well, and throw the football in the goal. We are just waiting on him to learn to kick the soccer ball.
Photo op with Mom and Dad
Brendan spent the party honing his baseball skills.
Check out my cool balloons!
It started to sprinkle, so we moved the party inside to avoid a possible down pour (typical this time of year here in GA). It was also over 90 degrees that day, which is my excuse for why my butter-cream icing was melting away.
Here are the CAKE PICTURES!
Hmmm.... what's this stuff?
Mushy... but what do I do with it?
Awww... it is for body decoration! I get it now!
He did not eat it at all. When I tried to get him to, he puckered up his lips airtight and turned his head. He did, however, enjoy rubbing it all over his head.
All the babies in the balls (nearly an impossible feat)
Hadley walked around to nearly each guest to smile and say hello. Seriously, this is exactly his personality. Everyone who meets him comments, "He is the happiest baby I have ever seen!" I love that.
Here are a few more things I love about Hadley and a bit about his interests right now:
1. When I enter the room, he doesn't just smile or acknowledge me, but he grins ridiculously, and runs to me laughing in delight. It is the best!
2. He is independent. He has been since nearly day 1. He would rather be down exploring than in anyone's lap. He will entertain himself with anything he can find -- a spoon, a piece of clothing, ANYTHING.
3. He is fearless. This is both something I love and something that scares me to death! He will climb anywhere, jump off things, try to walk right into the swimming pool.... Yep, I have to keep my eyes glued to him at all times. I hope he can survive childhood and use this to his advantage as an adult.
4. He loves balls (obviously). He loves to throw them, roll them, sit on them, play games with them, etc.
5. Taking time to eat is a nuisance. He learned this from his brother. We just had his 1 year check up and he was 25th percentile for weight and 90th for height. Why don't my children like food? Hadley will try anything (a step up from Brendan), but is picky from that moment forward. His favorite foods right now are Cheerios, Puffs, bananas, avocado, and cheese. All other table foods are a toss up, but luckily he will usually still eat the baby food.
6. He loves to turn pages, take things in and out of boxes/bags, open and close things, and turn the lights on and off.
7. He delights in "talking on the phone" and thinks my cell phone is the world's greatest toy. This is why I am on my 3rd cell phone since he was born...
8. His favorite toy is whatever one Brendan is currently playing with... always trouble.
9. Although it is on the go most of the time, when he does ask to be picked up, he snuggles up to my neck and hugs me tightly. I melt.
10. He says "Mama" (and clearly directs it at me), often screaming "Mama!" as a plea to get rescued from Brendan. He also wakes up babbling, "Mama" until I come to get him out of the crib. He says, "Dada", too, but no other words right now as far as we can tell. He does, however, babble incessantly!
11. He is the most joyful, consistently happy, perpetually smiling baby I could ever imagine. I learn how to be a better person by observing his sweet spirit. We are very blessed to have him in our family!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HADLEY!! Looks like the party was a blast! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment