Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Here I am relaxing with Dad before church on Sunday. I was just about to hand him his Father's Day card when Mom snapped this shot. I was SOOOO excited to give him his gift (I am hiding my excitement in this shot so that I can appear just as cool as Dad). My dad works so hard all week long (and sometimes weekends), that I told Mom he really need a FUN present, not a tie and socks. After all, he is the World's Greatest Father.


Before opening the gift, we had a little father-son chat. I told him how much I appreciate all that he does for me and our family, and he told me that he loves being my dad. Here is a bit of what I told him:
Thanks for making really cool sound effects, letting me dunk my head in the water when Mom says no, reading me stories before bedtime, changing dirty diapers even though it's hard and stinky, giving me baths, and calling me "Master Brendan".



WHOA! Guitar Hero! YIPEEE! I thought the box was the coolest part, but Dad liked the game the best. Anyone who knows my dad knows he secretly wants to be a rockstar. I thought this game might help him get on his way.


While we are on the topic of the World's Greatest Fathers, Mom wanted me to give a special shout out to her dad. Here is a message from Mom:
Thanks for taking me fishing when Mom wanted me to play with dolls, for teaching me how to have a flawless jump shot, for letting me put curlers in your hair while I pretended to be a beautician and you were my client, for being present for every basketball game, mock trial tournament, play, KYA election, birthday party, pageant, or any other important event, and for allowing me to have my absolute dream wedding day! I love you!

And of course, the category of World's Greatest Fathers would not be complete without the addition of Grandpa John. Dad's not here to type up a cheesy, sentimental message (which I am sure he would otherwise do). Therefore, Mom asked me to leave you these words:
Thank you for your example of hard work, dedication to family, example of living the gospel, and for not giving us too hard of a time when we bring four suitcases each time we come to visit.





2 comments:

The Kipper Family said...

I just got your comment from May 27th. Lets get together sometime soon.

Laura Lu said...

hey you guys i love all the new pics. i need your email address so i can invite you to my blog... email me at lauramjackson@hotmail.com. take care and have fun with the new guitar hero dan!!!!!!!!